Skip to main content

Christmas Countdown 8 : Christmas Tree #18 - Human


Human Christmas Tree 

Advent Blog Day 18 - Human 

How many people does it take to create a Christmas tree? I did warn that today's featured tree would be full of life  and  quite bizarre. It took over 4,000 people dressed in Christmas colours and standing in formation to make it into  the Guinness Book of Records  as the largest human Christmas tree.

Largest human Christmas tree

Although the tree in India is recognised as the record holder , I think the Singing Christmas tree.and its longevity deserve a mention. This is a 250+ persons choir is from the Mona Shores High School in Michigan and each year the choir standing in Christmas tree format perform for a sell out audience. Over 250 students each year stand on 15 platforms to create this live, singing Christmas tree. 


Mona Shores Singing Christmas tree ; Muskegon USA 

You don't need a crowd to be a human Christmas tree .... there are many possibilities, from the cute to the crazy, from the minimalist to the extreme.... 

Christmas Tree Camo suit 

Dancing Christmas trees 
Christmas Gift feet 

Harrods Christmas tree 
Christmas tree fashionista 
You don't have to go the whole way.... what about creating a Christmas tree with your hair - on your head or on your face? 
Hairstyles -  Christmas trees 

Glittery Christmas tree beard 
And here's  a fun video clip of  the incredible Josh Sundquist (paralympian) as a Christmas tree.


Stay tuned for more surprises tomorrow.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fish and Sticks : Art Dolls

This week I've been working on fish and sticks ....  The sticks are the message stick art dolls which were very popular, attracting some attention and a few orders at the Wise Women exhibition. Each of the message stick dolls are from the Wise Women series, each with her own personality and  message of wisdom, handwritten on a handmade timber tag. I gather the sticks during my walks around my neighbourhood and the tags are made from special bits of timber, some collected by me or  my husband or from off cuts gifted to us  from another doll making friend whose husband makes bagpipes. These dolls start off very simply with a wrap around a stick, in the general shape of a body. 'Naked" message stick dolls - strips of wadding wrapped around found sticks.   Then I usually wrap other layers of fabric, wool, and/or fibres, over which I do some simple embroidery. I sculpt  or mould small face masks for these dolls. I really like using "sari ribbon" as w...

"Temari Or Not Temari?" Tutorial

 Background Information:  Temari (literally translated “hand ball”) is a Japanese folk craft that is alleged to have originated in China and was introduced to Japan five or six hundred years ago. Traditionally, the balls were constructed from wrapped kimono fabric remnants and silk threads. They were made by mothers and grandmothers for children to play with. Nowadays, decorative embroidered temari represent a highly valued and cherished gift symbolizing friendship and loyalty. Recently I've wondered if your don't use traditional techniques whether you should call what you create "temari". That is an ongoing debate but today I share what I do to make a "non-traditional temari".... 1.I start  with a polystrene ball ( traditionally the balls were wound  silk scraps or other organic materials) and begin to wrap with approx 4 ply wool, turning the ball as I wrap.  2. I then wrap another layer of wool in a similar fashion , this time a 3 or 2 ...

Fragments

 Some days are just your lucky days - today I was very fortunate and privileged to open the first ever Australian exhibition "Fragments" by  UK  Fibre Artist  Sue Hotchkis .  Here is a little about the techniques of this amazing textile artist from her own website  ...  Working intuitively with print and stitch, marks, textures and colours are exaggerated, intensified to reveal the detail and complexity within the images. Materials are deconstructed using modern methods, ripped, burnt and dyed. Time is invested in their reconstruction; pieces can take from a week to several months to create. Whilst being aesthetically pleasing the work can also act as a metaphor for deterioration and ruin, associated with urban decay and ultimately death and loss. They evolve organically, built up with layers of print, cloth, paper, and stitch into three-dimensional abstract forms that hover between object and image; to create a unique, visual and tactile lan...