![]() |
| Amendment - Since writing this post, I have found out that this art doll was created by doll, artistNeva Waldt, entitled "Gertrude finds the perfect holiday wrap " For more like this go to this Pinterest page |
Strictly speaking, these are not alternatives to a traditional tree, but I just had to include them. Those of you who know me know that one of my passions is doll making. This is a special blog post to wish all my friends at Gumnut Dollies, Newcastle, Original Doll Artists of Australia and Art Dolls Only a merry Christmas.
Many professional doll artists like Cindy Moyer like to create Christmas tree themed dolls, using a mixture of techniques and media, publishing their patterns. Others make dolls for their own enjoyment or as a response to a Christmas challenge in a group. The reasons for creating Christmas dolls varies as much as the techniques and the materials.
![]() |
| Cindee Moyer Christmas Trees |
![]() |
![]() |
| Christmas tree doll |
![]() |
| Russian doll |
![]() |
| Porcelain Christmas Tree Doll and Christmas Tree Light Doll |
![]() |
| Patience Brewster tree/doll |
![]() |
| Patience Brewster Christmas tree dolls - Krinkles |
![]() |
| Patience Brewster Tree doll and candle holder |
![]() |
| Amigurumi |
![]() |
| Felt doll |
![]() |
| Sequinned dolls |
![]() |
| Dotee doll |
![]() |
| Plush |
And the kitsch... remember these toilet air freshener dolls? I guess one's needed even at Christmas?
I am left speechless so I include the wording on the photo as explanation "Just in time to spruce up bathroom for the holidays- a quaint air-freshener doll clothed as a decorated Christmas tree!"
![]() |
| Prim pattern |
Hope you are enjoying the variety of Christmas trees I have uncovered.... there are a few more which may surprise you ... please continue to count down to Christmas with me.





















Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading my blog and please share your thoughts about my blog post by leaving a comment.Your comment won't appear immediately as comments are verified before publication in an effort to reduce the amount of spam appearing. Anonymous comments will not be published.