Skip to main content

Christmas Countdown 7 : Christmas Tree #19 - Accessorize

En-tie-cing  Christmas tree 
Advent Blog Day 19 : Accessorize

Fashion Accessories ?  On Day 8 - What's Afoot , Christmas trees made with shoes were featured. I felt I needed to give another day to these other accessories which have been used to create equally surprising Christmas trees. 
Men's ties seem to be the right length and shape to create symmetrical Christmas trees in various colour combinations. 

 Christmas tie tree 

Striped Tie Tree 
You may have seen Christmas trees in hospitals made with rubber surgical gloves but what about mittens in those colder parts of the world?
Green mittens tree 

Woollen Mittens 
And if it rains....

Gold Umbrellas 
Socks and handkerchieves  might be standard Christmas gifts, but what about trees?
Women's sock tree 

Sock Flowers tree 



Neckerchief tree 

Vintage handkerchief tree 

Happy socks make happy feet. 
Don't forget the matching handbags...
Handbag Tree 

Handbags 
When you can't spare a few of your fashion accessories for your tree, perhaps just the coat hangers or even  the packaging will do
Wooden coat hangers

Wire Hanger 

Gucci packaging 
And I just had to sneak this double cuteness in - not exactly a Christmas tree made from accessories, but a Christmas tree accessory....
Tomorrow can't match this level of cuteness, but you will be impressed by what I have dug up for Day 20. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fish and Sticks : Art Dolls

This week I've been working on fish and sticks ....  The sticks are the message stick art dolls which were very popular, attracting some attention and a few orders at the Wise Women exhibition. Each of the message stick dolls are from the Wise Women series, each with her own personality and  message of wisdom, handwritten on a handmade timber tag. I gather the sticks during my walks around my neighbourhood and the tags are made from special bits of timber, some collected by me or  my husband or from off cuts gifted to us  from another doll making friend whose husband makes bagpipes. These dolls start off very simply with a wrap around a stick, in the general shape of a body. 'Naked" message stick dolls - strips of wadding wrapped around found sticks.   Then I usually wrap other layers of fabric, wool, and/or fibres, over which I do some simple embroidery. I sculpt  or mould small face masks for these dolls. I really like using "sari ribbon" as w...

Fragments

 Some days are just your lucky days - today I was very fortunate and privileged to open the first ever Australian exhibition "Fragments" by  UK  Fibre Artist  Sue Hotchkis .  Here is a little about the techniques of this amazing textile artist from her own website  ...  Working intuitively with print and stitch, marks, textures and colours are exaggerated, intensified to reveal the detail and complexity within the images. Materials are deconstructed using modern methods, ripped, burnt and dyed. Time is invested in their reconstruction; pieces can take from a week to several months to create. Whilst being aesthetically pleasing the work can also act as a metaphor for deterioration and ruin, associated with urban decay and ultimately death and loss. They evolve organically, built up with layers of print, cloth, paper, and stitch into three-dimensional abstract forms that hover between object and image; to create a unique, visual and tactile lan...

In the Pink

  At Tag Tuesday . Pinky O' Hagan is hosting a tag challenge which  asks for 'a bit of pink".... not so difficult if you like pink.  I don't use a lot of pink in my work, so it was quite a bit of a challenge when I thought only of pink - my thoughts went to pink roses, pink hearts, pink confectionery !!!  Then I referred to this week's colour prompts, #coloricombo by artists Este MacLeod.... pink with sap green, dark tea, and sea green. I'm not sure I got the colours in this palette exactly, but here is my tag, a stylised landscape  -  The collaged background of the tag has torn pieces of watercolour art rejects, painted magazine pages and a little bit of gift paper. The tree silhouette is decorated with paper  dots, cut with a hole puncher.