Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tea on Thursday 19 : Felted Tea Pots

hand felted tea pot 
 On the weekend I attended a workshop at Timeless Textiles, with visiting Ohio tutor and master felter, Pam MacGregor. I am  quite happy with my  creation from Finn  and Merino wool supplied by Feltfine, a local wool supplier.  I thought the design I added in merino wool looked quite organic, but I did note with amusement that someone commented that the flat version looked like pastry and jam. For quite some time,  I was doubtful I could make a lid with stopper which would fit, but following Pam's formula it fits perfectly.
teapot ( back) 

flat wet teapot
 Pam MacGregor is an excellent tutor,  talented felt artist and a wonderful and  generous person . When I first saw the photo of her fish teapot ( below) I knew I wanted to do the workshop with her.  Please visit Pam's website and see more of her brilliant felted teapots.
tea pot by Pam MacGregor