Sunday, September 20, 2009

Felt Art Dolls - Compass Series



I have been trying hard to have my samples ready for next year's workshops and was really happy that this week, I finally finished one of my "Compass" series felted art dolls. This one , I think is going to be called "Western Landscape" or maybe "Way Out West". I have planned to make three others ... East Wind, Northern Lights and South Seas - they are still in my head.  These "dolls" are made from one piece of  felt made using the wet felting process with a plastic resist. With this particular one, I used wool and a silk hankie, and then embellished with gemstone chips, beads and some simple surface embroidery .

And here is a little needle felted bear I made at "Hello Dollies" yesterday. Cute?  Please also have a look at the photos of the great day we had with Marilyn Halcomb, who gave us a mini workshop on needle felting figures  - Hello Dollies blog

1 comment:

  1. I think we must be sending one another "thought waves"!!
    He,he...Love the Needle felting and felted Art Dolls. I have just bought an Embellishing mach, and love using it. Thanks so much for your lovely parcel!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and please share your thoughts about my blog post by leaving a comment.