#SeptTextileLove #STL26Day5
‘Caring’ … so much of what textile artists do involves caring - for the environment , for others, for our own health and well-being , for social justice, for our art … today I’m advocating caring about sourcing our materials . I use lots of embroidery thread and it is sometimes tempting to buy cheaper imported threads than the ones I really love to work with, - hand dyed right here in Australia by a small family business . I looked at one of the omnipresent online ads with its incorrect spelling and the suggestion that bulk is better gives strong hints about the ‘quality’ and the price makes me wonder about the working conditions and rights of those who produce and package the thread? I care that the people who make the materials I use get a fair wage and work in safe conditions. I also care that the quality of the materials I use are the best I can afford and have the least negative impact on the environment and my own health. Please care .


Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading my blog and please share your thoughts about my blog post by leaving a comment.Your comment won't appear immediately as comments are verified before publication in an effort to reduce the amount of spam appearing. Anonymous comments will not be published.