Last week, I rediscovered a few gourds "drying" in our garage... In fact, I was searching for them after doing a doll making workshop where we transformed gourds into doll bodies, with the addition of polymer clay and apoxie sculpt. I have researched a little to identify the gourds I have - they seem closest to the water jug shape gourds. The gourds we used in the workshop were Chinese bottle gourds. my gourd doll - a flower child /hippy fiddler? Workshop dolls - Christmas sprite by Jane Lambert , and my doll Flower doll also completed in the workshop by Lee Hennequin Balloon seller - gourd art doll by tutor, Janice Laurent Working with gourds made me very curious about the history and cultivation of gourds. A gourd is a plant of the family Cucurbitaceae or the fruit of the two genera of "calabash tree" . The term refers to a number of species and subspecies, many with hard shells, and some witho...
Hi Wilma, a lovely tag and very interesting to learn about Bilbies, I have never heard of them before. Good luck to all concerned with the campaign. Great to see you around again! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThank you Valerie - you are a champion doing such a great job keeping Tag Tuesday going strong.
DeleteI had never heard of this animal before so thanks for sharing. They are cute but I like bunnies too:)
ReplyDeletehi Linda - Bilbies aren't as pretty as bunnies, but sometimes are called rabbit eared bandicoots.
DeleteInstantly forgiven! Wow I do love what you have made and great information to read too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Pinky - I do enjoy making tags, but also like the research bit.
Deletethank you for teaching me about bilbies! i never knew about them until now. they are important. lovely tag! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Michele, Thanks I hope you didn't mind me changing the theme for my own purposes - only a slight connection .... sometimes bilbies are called rabbit eared bandicoots.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh how sweet ~ bless you for supporting this cause ~ I see a bunny resemblance and he's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting article about Bilbies, they are the sweetest little things - I've never heard of them before. I love the tag too - the background fabric is fabulous and I love the pop of orange/red.
ReplyDelete