Skip to main content

Music - Tag Tuesday


from : http://quotesblog.net/music-quotes-on-pics-and-cards/
Such a long time since I have written a blog post .... I have neglected both my blog and Tag Tuesday in the last month or so, but here I am back with renewed enthusiasm.
This fortnight and I am just meeting the deadline the theme is Music - there are  many links to fantastic musically creative tags here on the Tag Tuesday blog ... I used one old piece of sheet music ( I think my children now in their 40's had this when they were in their high school band)  and made six tags from it.
Dance - Tag Tuesday - Music 

The first uses the music as a background and I cut and glued a piece of interesting fabric over the top - I think these are people enjoying a good old fashioned dance.
The Mikado - Tag Tuesday - Music 

The second also uses the music as background, and a photocopy from a book about Gilbert and Sullivan  about  the ban on playing the Mikado in England in 1907. Japan had just beaten Russia at war and was considered an emerging world power.  England behaved cautiously when Japanese Prince Fushimi made an official visit . Lord Chamberlain withdraw the licence for stage presentations of The Mikado for fear of offending the Japanese! Little did Government authorities know  that Gilbert and Sullivan wrote the musical as a thinly veiled parody of all things English!
Assorted tags - Tag Tuesday - Music 

And the  what do you do with scraps of paper left over, especially those previous bits of the musical sheet? What about some scrappy quirky tags? These are four   smaller tags, using magazine cut outs and  paper scraps and doodles. Just a bit of fun!

Comments

  1. every one of these is utterly gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tags, one lovelier than the other, and I am pleased to see you joining us again! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful selection of tags!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and please share your thoughts about my blog post by leaving a comment.Your comment won't appear immediately as comments are verified before publication in an effort to reduce the amount of spam appearing. Anonymous comments will not be published.

Popular posts from this blog

Fish and Sticks : Art Dolls

This week I've been working on fish and sticks ....  The sticks are the message stick art dolls which were very popular, attracting some attention and a few orders at the Wise Women exhibition. Each of the message stick dolls are from the Wise Women series, each with her own personality and  message of wisdom, handwritten on a handmade timber tag. I gather the sticks during my walks around my neighbourhood and the tags are made from special bits of timber, some collected by me or  my husband or from off cuts gifted to us  from another doll making friend whose husband makes bagpipes. These dolls start off very simply with a wrap around a stick, in the general shape of a body. 'Naked" message stick dolls - strips of wadding wrapped around found sticks.   Then I usually wrap other layers of fabric, wool, and/or fibres, over which I do some simple embroidery. I sculpt  or mould small face masks for these dolls. I really like using "sari ribbon" as w...

In the Pink

  At Tag Tuesday . Pinky O' Hagan is hosting a tag challenge which  asks for 'a bit of pink".... not so difficult if you like pink.  I don't use a lot of pink in my work, so it was quite a bit of a challenge when I thought only of pink - my thoughts went to pink roses, pink hearts, pink confectionery !!!  Then I referred to this week's colour prompts, #coloricombo by artists Este MacLeod.... pink with sap green, dark tea, and sea green. I'm not sure I got the colours in this palette exactly, but here is my tag, a stylised landscape  -  The collaged background of the tag has torn pieces of watercolour art rejects, painted magazine pages and a little bit of gift paper. The tree silhouette is decorated with paper  dots, cut with a hole puncher. 

Covid Man and Book Print

  This is my tag for the current theme at Tag Tuesday - Book Print. I like using text as a background for tags and today, I reduced one of my recent  line drawings and printed it on a small book page .... as you can see,  the book's chapter is entitled "Of Holy Living and Dying ( from The Book of Books) .  I thought this was appropriate as this 'Covid man' drawing depicts Nature happily thriving while man appears to be "unravelling " at the edges of body and mind...  Original drawing - Wilma Simmons   Silk screen print on fabric  : Wilma Simmons  Silk screen print on paper : Wilma Simmons  And here are some other tags on book print backgrounds - these are free motion stitched "Nature" portraits done earlier in the year.